Find your new rental house with the click of a mouse! View photos, descriptions, and maps of available properties for rent in the greater Sacramento area, including single and multi-family homes, condos, townhomes, duplexes and apartments.
Let the company that specializes in custom service for single family homes help you get the most out of your rental assets in the Sacramento Valley!
Don't be a victim of home rental fraud!
Scammers are always finding more creative ways to take advantage of unsuspecting consumers, but their methods typically follow recognizable patterns. Now, even those in search of a house for rent must take care to avoid falling prey to virtual predators. Horizon Properties wants you to be safe in your dealings, whether or not you intend to do business with us. Know the warning signs. Learn how you can protect yourself from becoming a victim of fraud with the following tips and a real case of attempted fraud against one of our prospective tenants.
View an actual occurence of fraud perpetrated against a would-be Horizon Properties renter. This link takes you to a pdf which contains the unedited emails that ALMOST resulted in one of our renters becoming a victim. |
Look for the icon above and hover over it to read a description of the warning signs you can be on guard against.
You can sidestep would-be scammers
by following these common sense rules:
- DEAL LOCALLY WITH FOLKS YOU CAN MEET IN PERSON - follow this one simple rule and you will avoid 99% of the scam attempts.
- NEVER WIRE FUNDS VIA WESTERN UNION, MONEYGRAM or any other wire service - anyone who asks you to do so is a scammer.
- FAKE CASHIER CHECKS & MONEY ORDERS ARE COMMON, and BANKS WILL CASH THEM AND THEN HOLD YOU RESPONSIBLE when the fake is discovered weeks later.
- NEVER GIVE OUT FINANCIAL INFORMATION (bank account number, social security number, eBay/PayPal info, etc.)
- AVOID DEALS INVOLVING SHIPPING OR ESCROW SERVICES and know that ONLY A SCAMMER WILL "GUARANTEE" YOUR TRANSACTION.
Whom should I notify about fraud or scam attempts?
Taken from Craigslist.org 12 November 2008
- FTC toll free hotline: 877-FTC-HELP (877-382-4357)
- FTC online complaint form (http://www.ftc.gov)
- Canadian PhoneBusters hotline: 888-495-8501
- Internet Fraud Complaint Center (http://www.ic3.gov)
- Non-emergency number for your local police department.
Boost Your Rental Cash Flow!|
Avoiding Landlord-Tenant Disputes
Foreclosure's Impact On Tenants
Renter's Insurance To Fit Your Needs
Deductibility of Refinancing Charges
Submit Repair Requests To Your Landlord
Avoid Home Rental Fraud
Carbon Monoxide Detectors Required in Rental Homes
Tax Withholding for California Non-Resident Landlords
April 24, 2009
Apartment owners, renters in area spared housing market chaos
October 17, 2008
Overbuilding, housing foreclosures create glut
April 20, 2008
Housing crisis -- no end in sight
August 26, 2007
July home sales hit 11-year low|
August 12, 2007
Surplus homes help keep area rental rates low
October 19, 2006
Region is due for rent increase
June 6, 2006
Region's rental market stagnant for a third year
April 20, 2006
Fevered growth cools in Roseville, Elk Grove
May 2, 2006
Bill to let landlords reject sex offenders
April 25, 2006
Rental vacancy rate up in area
January 20, 2005
Population boom in the Valley
January 19, 2005